Stew Beef Recipe Simplified
This delicious stew beef recipe is done on the stove top and uses minimal flour to make the gravy, so it’s healthier, too!
- 1 lb beef stew
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (optional)
- 1.5 cup chopped carrots (optional)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 32 oz water
- 2 tbsp self rising flour
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire
- Salt and your favorite seasonings to taste (my favorites are garlic powder and chili powder)
What to Do
1. Season the meat with salt and other seasonings.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the self-rising flour in the water.
3. Brown the meat over high heat in a large pot, almost to the point of burning. Keep stirring. Just as it starts to smell like it’s burning, move on to the next step.
4. Add a little of the water to the meat and scrape the pan. Be careful not to burn yourself as the water will cause quite a bit of steam.
5. Add the rest of the water and Worcestershire. Bring to a boil, then cover with lid and turn heat down to medium. Allow to simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
6. Add the onion, potatoes, and carrots and allow to simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
7. Taste and add more salt as needed.
Serve over a plate of rice.
This dish is super hearty and perfect for a cold day.
Try this out and let me know what you think in the comments!