7 Ideas For Leftover Ramen Packets
If you have leftover ramen packets lying around, don’t throw them out! They can be used to season other recipes. Here are some ideas for you.
1. Make a dip!
Add a packet to a tub of sour cream or Greek yogurt. Instant tasty chip dip.
2. Spice up your rice!
Ramen packets are like bullion cubes. Add a packet to the water before boiling rice to add more oomph to your rice.
3. Make a broth!
Add a packet or two to boiling water and thicken with a little cornstarch to make a great broth.
4. French Fry Seasoning!
Skip the salt! Add a seasoning packet to freshly fried french fries for a zestier flavor.
5. Use as salt!
If you have an extra salt shaker, pour the extra packets into the salt shaker for a kickin’ salt substitute.
6. Season chicken for a kick!
Add a packet to your fried chicken to really boost the flavor.
7. Try this recipe!
Egg Drop Soup With Noodles
- 10 cups water
- 14 oz noodles of your choice
- 5 leftover ramen seasoning packets
- 3 eggs
1. Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add a little salt to the water.
2. Boil the noodles until tender. DO NOT DRAIN
3. Keep the water boiling and add the seasoning packets.
4. In a small bowl, beat the three eggs until blended.
5. While swirling the noodles in the pot, slowly pour the eggs into the noodles.
6. Allow to simmer 3 minutes.
Sometimes I add a can of sweets peas to my soup for a little extra color and flavor. If you choose to do this, add the peas to the water while it is coming to a boil. Allow them to boil for 10-15 before you add the noodles. Continue with the rest of the recipe.
And there you have it! Lots of different uses for those leftover ramen packets. Waste not!
If you have your own ideas on how to use leftover ramen packets, leave them in the comments!